Working as a transcriptionist freelancer could be a rewarding career path where transcribing doesn’t always need an expensive set of equipment to get the job done.
With that being said, you should be aware that transcribing audio files can take up to more than three times the initial amount of time the audio you’re looking to transcribe was recorded in.
- Dr. Job is Thrilled to Announce its Latest ATS Integration with Lever Talent Management Solution (LeverTRM)
- How to Write an Experience Certificate Request Letter?
- Top 12 Civil Engineer Interview Questions (with answers)
- 60 Shopping Malls Common Job Interview Questions & Answers
- Women Jobs: 19 Top Career Options for Women of All Ages|Drjobpro.com
Let’s say for instance you have 1 hour of audio recording to be transcribed – It will ideally be a good and profitable stage if you can transcribe the audio file in 4 hours.
When it comes to the right equipment a successful transcriptionist should have, this equipment is a must-have:
- A good quality Headphones to hear the audio in clarity.
- A keyboard that keeps you comfortable for prolong hours of typing.
- Specialized software for transcription (Free versions such as Otranscribe and Express Scribe are good to jump-start your transcription career).
- Foot Pedal – It can be replaced with keyboard shortcuts
Alongside this essential equipment, more importantly, is to have the right set of skills to transcribe efficiently and correctly for you to generate profit. You should also be a proficient transcriptionist with high typing speed and well versed in grammar and vocabulary.
To cut to the chase, here are the top tips to help you become the successful transcriptionist that you aspire to become:
- Do Internet Research
- Use The Suitable Software Mentioned Earlier
- Synchronize Your Speed With Accuracy
- Be Clear About How You Charge Clients
- Arrange Your Workspace To Be A Quiet One
- Check Clarity of Audio File Sent By The Client
For freelance jobs, click here