Have you noticed the trend in people hiring female caregivers today? In the current world scenario, people demand a new breed of caretakers who will attend to their elder parents with more excellent care and compassion. There have been numerous reports that clearly state the need for caregivers of older age groups.
Many women find themselves in caregiver roles during their lifetime. Caregiving is about making a difference in others' lives, spending more time with family and friends, and having an opportunity to provide the best care possible.
If you are a caregiver and are looking for a job, then this article is for you. We will answer some of the most frequently asked questions female caregivers have about jobs.
What are the job responsibilities of Female Caregivers?
- Personal care assistance: hygiene and grooming, dressing, toileting, and exercise.
- Essential preparation of food: meal preparation, shopping, housekeeping, washing, and other chores.
- General health care: supervision of the use of drugs and prescriptions, appointment reminders, and medicine management.
- Assistance with mobility: helping to get in and out of a wheelchair, vehicle, or shower.
- Personal oversight: to provide continuous companionship and general oversight.
- Transportation: commuting to and from events, running errands, and helping to bring wheelchair-accessible vehicles in and out.
- Emotional assistance: being a stable partner and supporter in all professional, health-related, and emotional matters.
- Elderly care: orientation or grounding of those with Alzheimer's disease or dementia, transfer of a doctor's information to family members.
- Back-up care services (or respite): offering a break for other caregivers.
- Home organization: assistance in planning travel, packing or cleaning, or general house care and cleaning.
- Health surveillance: following a treatment plan and observing any changes in the person's health, documenting and reporting any discrepancies.
What are the types of Caregivers?
- Family caregiver
- Professional caregiver
- Independent caregiver
- Private duty caregiver
- Informal caregiver
- Volunteer caregiver
How much is the salary of the caregiver in the UAE?
The average salary for a caregiver is AED 48.60 per hour in UAE.
Who are the top employers for female caregivers in UAE?
- Angels of Medical Care
- Gulf Health Recruit
- Home Health Care Services
- Prestige Home Health Care Services
- Ultimate HR Solutions
Which are the highest paying cities in UAE for Caregivers?
- Dubai Free Zone (AED 91.62)
- Dubai (AED 54.30)
- Ajman (AED 48.54)
- Abu Dhabi (AED 47.68)
- Sharjah (AED 54.46)
- Al-Ain (AED 44.03)
What are the benefits of Caregiving?
Caregivers take the fighting out of the routine, eliminating obstacles and improving autonomy.
Seeing the good in a caregiving position is part of what makes it possible to please many caregivers and take satisfaction in their work. It's gratifying to give back to someone else, and sometimes Caregiving gives the living sense of people and makes them feel accomplished.
Finding a job is hard in general, but it's even harder if you are a woman, which means you probably will have much competition. But finding a job that fits your current situation or needs could be really difficult. So we compiled this list of jobs for female caregivers that want to enter this demanding job sector. Check here.