Deadlines are usually benchmarks or time frames in which an employee should abide when carrying out their tasks – But how do you set the right type of deadline for your employees to meet efficiently?
As a manager setting a realistic and achievable deadline is essential – Boosting your employees’ confidence and self-esteem.
- Dr. Job is Thrilled to Announce its Latest ATS Integration with Lever Talent Management Solution (LeverTRM)
- How to Write an Experience Certificate Request Letter?
- Top 12 Civil Engineer Interview Questions (with answers)
- 60 Shopping Malls Common Job Interview Questions & Answers
- Women Jobs: 19 Top Career Options for Women of All Ages|Drjobpro.com
Ultimately, besides the tips jotted down for you in today’s article, it’s fundamental to place deadlines in alignment with the SMART goal concept.
S: Specific in outlining all the desired results and outcomes.
M: Measurable result that can be divided into milestones for big projects.
A: Attainable, given your team’s individuals' abilities and capabilities.
R: Relevant goals to tailor needs help in time efficiency.
T: Being Time-Bound is what having a deadline is for.
Tips to deliver a successful project before the assigned deadline:
- Be Specific - As we mentioned earlier in this article, integrating the SMART goal technique can be of great help to understand the importance of giving a specific day/date for the task to be completed by that time frame.
- Prioritize Projects - Make it clear for employees which projects are of greater prominence to be accomplished first to avoid the intersection of projects.
- Utilize the help of tools - Deadlines are more likely to be met when there is a software or tool designated for that purpose in play – Consider using tools such as Gantt Chart to help your employees digest the given information and what is the anticipated time frame for each subtask of the project.
- Identify problems and provide solutions – Debugging errors and finding solutions for any problems that might arise are two sides of one coin.
To post any job openings within your company, click here